No fancy recipes or grueling diets. We act according to science: we select effective exercise complexes (exercises) for weight loss at home, the right products and do not indulge ourselves. This way we will get a noticeable result and can keep it for a long time.
Training and nutrition at home: how to eat if the goal is to lose weight on the sides, stomach, hips and firming the body?
Whether we like it or not, losing weight locally isn't going to work. The fair sex is genetically engineered to deliver nutrients to the abdomen, sides, hips, and buttocks. For this, the problem area is often called a "lifeline". Externally, moreover, it is also similar.
Fighting the lifeline with restrictive diets is pointless. The adipose tissue deposited by the body "for a rainy day" is consumed extremely slowly under conditions of greatly reduced caloric intake. With severe nutritional restriction and a lack of training, muscles can be the first to enter the furnace. By losing muscle tissue, we slow down the metabolism, which leads to two negative consequences:
- the loss of weight itself during a slimming diet (restrictive) slows down sharply, we lose motivation and thus increase the probabilities of breakdowns with access to gluttony;
- rapid weight gain after the end of the diet, a set of pounds more than it was before the start of weight loss.
Do you remember the joke "I passed out, I woke up in the kitchen eating borscht with chocolate"? Here. This is a classic manifestation of binge eating, which is designed to save us during times of forced fasting.
Good nutrition for beginners
What to do? Create a diet taking into account the needs of the body, give preference to protein foods, limiting the amount of fats and carbohydrates consumed. We're replacing easily digestible carbs with hard-to-digest carbs (no sugar and buns, but brown rice, buckwheat, and legumes are the same thing).
By embarking on the path of good nutrition, it will not be superfluous to gain the support of like-minded people aimed at firming the body. For example, there are enough groups on social media that unite the followers of healthy eating. The influence of like-minded people should not be underestimated. Your whole environment, the people around you are interested in stability. In this regard, those who often plan to lose weight are forced to be pressured during common meals or simply to hear comments about the desperation of their business. Everything becomes easier when you communicate with someone who has already lost weight and possibly "hooked" their loved ones to good nutrition.
In addition, in groups and on forums a large number of recipes for delicious first and second dietary dishes, as well as desserts that do not harm the figure, are collected. Don't you yet know that losing weight can be delicious? Are you always sure that your husband, children, and other family members will not eat healthy, diet meals with you? In fact, losing weight is a great opportunity to try new things and to diversify your menu. Use it.
Workouts at home
What we get from regular home workouts and exercises:
- an increase in muscle mass, which helps speed up metabolism and accelerate fat burning;
- change of direction in the silhouette and proportions of the body.
What happens when we exercise during severe and restrictive diets? The body does not have the resources to build muscle, since all its efforts are aimed at surviving in difficult conditions.
We artificially conduct ourselves in a state of stress which disrupts all processes of life. There are few benefits, only a feeling of fatigue and hopelessness that the effort applied is going nowhere.
That is why we recommend that you do not get carried away with reducing calorie intake during weight loss and active sports. A small deficiency in fat and the absence of easily digestible carbohydrates can do wonders for our body, providing fast results and stable weight after the end of the diet.
How and from which exercises are we going to build workouts that can be done at home? We offer several programs that are suitable for beginners as well as for people with some experience in fitness. Each of the programs has the ability to regulate and increase the load. This means that in addition to the ideal body proportions, you can also build endurance, improve the work of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and increase the coordination of movements.
In each of the programs, the focus will be on problem areas of the body, which will help to quickly remove fat deposits, slim the waist, slim the hips and, if desired, also increase the volume of the muscles. buttocks.
Morning exercises for weight loss
We will perform training in the morning according to a standard plan for sports activities:
- warm up
- perform the main set of exercises
- hitching and stretching
Running in place, swinging the legs and other active movements, the purpose of which is to prepare the musculoskeletal and respiratory systems for the load, is suitable as a warm-up. The criterion of effectiveness of a warm-up can be considered as a significant increase in heart rate, an influx of blood to the face and limbs, which is accompanied by a sensation of heat, and when exercising ina hot and humid room, sweating also appears.
A very effective exercise for training the gluteal muscles. Its obvious advantage is that even beginners can do it without risking breaking technique and injuring themselves. The movement is quite simple and natural, which excludes the possibility of errors.
The gluteal bridge is performed as follows:
- Starting Position - Lie on the floor with your legs bent at the knees and shoulder-width apart, arms extended at your sides or out to your sides.
- Stretching the buttocks, lift the body so that the buttocks, lower back and part of the back to the shoulder blades come off the floor and form a straight line with the hips, while the shoulders, neck and headcontinue to rest on the ground.
- We linger at the highest lifting point for 3-5 seconds, additionally stretching the buttocks, then return to the starting position.
To start, it will be enough to do 3 sets of 10 repetitions. In the future, the number of repetitions may be increased. You can also make the task more difficult by using weights such as a barbell or dumbbells.
Another version of the "advanced" gluteal bridge can be thought of as an exercise that is performed with the legs standing on a support, for example on a bench.
Lift straight legs
This exercise can be performed in two different variations: lying down and hanging from a bar. Both modifications are aimed at the intensive development of the muscles of the lower abdominal muscles. The lying position is technically and physically easier to achieve. But the second option is more suitable for experienced athletes and people in good physical shape.
Lifting the legs straight from a lying position is performed as follows:
- We are located on the ground face up, we stretch our arms along the body.
- Raise your legs straight to an upright position, pull the socks towards us.
- Inhaling, we lower our legs, but do not put them on the floor, we keep them at a height of 5-15 cm above the floor.
- Upon exhalation, we return the legs to their original position.
- Make sure your lower back is still "glued" to the floor.
The more you lower your legs, the more your abdominal muscles contract. You can start from a starting position high enough that you don't put unnecessary strain on your upper back and neck muscles. As the strength increases, the legs can be lowered lower and lower.
Raising the straight legs in the hook on the crossbar, do the following:
- We grab the crossbar with our hands and hang on to it so that our feet do not touch the ground.
- On the exhale, we raise the straight legs so that they form a right angle with the body.
- We hold our legs in this position for 3-5 seconds.
- As we breathe in, we gently bring the legs back to their original position.
Those looking for quick results can add another step to the exercise. It is about raising the legs to the level of the bar. It is difficult, but very possible with regular training. Thus, the middle third of the abdominal press, the front surfaces of the thighs and the shoulder girdle are connected to work.
Start with 3 sets of 10 repetitions. Then you can increase the number of repetitions.
This exercise works the abdominal muscles and the front of the thigh.
The scissors exercise is carried out as follows:
- You lie on your back, stretch your arms alongside your body, your hands can be placed under your buttocks.
- Raise your legs above the floor, firmly press the lower back on the mat.
- Alternatively, we spread our legs to the sides and cross them, imitating the movement of the scissors.
For starters, you can perform 30 repetitions in 3 sets.
Crunches from elbow to knee
Add loads to the press and hip muscles.
The exercise proceeds as follows:
- Starting position - lying on your back, hands in the lock at the back of the head, legs bent at the knees and shoulder-width apart.
- As we breathe out, we begin to stretch our elbows up to the knee of the opposite leg, which we tear from the floor.
- Ideally, the elbow and knee should touch each other lightly.
- On inspiration, we lower ourselves to the starting position.
- We repeat the movement for the other side.
During the movement, only one shoulder should protrude from the ground. Don't shoot yourself over your head trying to make it easier on yourself. The movement should be performed not because of the muscular effort of the arms, but because of the work of the muscles of the abdomen and legs.
An exercise for those who are good at static boards. For beginners, it is best to train enough endurance first.
The dynamic bar runs as follows:
- We become in the barre with an emphasis on the forearms. The belly is rolled up, the buttocks are tense. The cuffs are located below the shoulder joints.
- As we breathe out, we rise to a position emphasizing the palms - a classic bar.
- On inspiration, we return to the starting position.
We perform 10 repetitions in 3 sets.
"Empty" is what you need to create a perfectly flat stomach. This exercise can be used as a cool-down exercise.
The exercise proceeds as follows:
- We breathe as deeply as possible.
- We shoot in the stomach and begin to breathe out.
- We expel air from the lungs as much as possible, feeling how, as the diaphragm rises, towards the chest, the internal organs are "sucked" in.
- We hold our breath for a few seconds.
- We breathe gently and relax.
The number of repetitions is 3 to 5.
For starters, it is best to perform the exercise while lying down. This is the easiest way to get the feeling of emptiness. Then you can do the exercise while standing.
Evening exercises before bed
What exercises can you do before bed? Here is another exercise program for working on problem areas. The names "morning" and "evening" do not mean that you should do two workouts per day. It is suggested to exercise on different days, making sure to maintain adequate intervals between workouts for muscle recovery.
It is ideal to train every other day. This is the minimum time needed for stressed muscles to recover and gain weight.
By the way, girls should not be afraid of the appearance of excessive muscle relief: their natural hormonal "cocktail" helps men gain mass. All photos of muscle fitness beauties, whose silhouettes are starting to look like men, indicate taking drugs that affect the growth of muscle tissue (steroids and other "chemistry"). If you haven't noticed anything like this at the reception, then you shouldn't be afraid of the "slanted brasserie in the shoulders".
There are many options for performing this exercise. Assign squats:
- with its own weight;
- with weights (with dumbbells or a barbell);
- using a rubber band.
Let's take a look at each of the options so you can go from easy to hard and increase the load as your endurance and muscle strength increase.<10_img_centerxx>
Classic squats are performed as follows:
- Starting position: feet shoulder-width apart, arms outstretched forward, palms down or down at your sides, elbows soft.
- Inhaling, we crouch down until the thighs are parallel to the floor. We make sure that the knees do not go beyond the fingertips. The body moves forward slightly.
- We linger for a few seconds at the bottom of the squat, note how tense the muscles of the buttocks and the back of the thigh.
- To maintain balance, when performing a squat, the arms can be extended forward.
- Upon exhalation, we return to the starting position.
Slightly more difficult compared to regular squats, the exercise is performed with an elastic band. Its length should be sufficient to be able to spread the feet shoulder-width apart. The band is located approximately mid-calf or knee level. The squat itself with a rubber band is performed in the same way as a regular squat.
The elastic band gives extra load as it requires extra effort to pull it between the legs.
The use of free weights can significantly increase the load on the muscles of the lower trunk and legs. You can start with dumbbells or a pancake from a bar, then take a bar from a bar, then a bar with sufficient weight. It is important to remember that the greater the weight, the more stringent the requirements for the technique of performing the movements, as the risk of injury to the knee joints increases.
The repetition of the squat is not an end in itself. You shouldn't try to do a lot of reps in a limited amount of time. The smoothness and thoroughness of the movements are important here. Only a deep squat with tension in the buttocks, which is performed as if you wanted to squat on the edge of a chair too far behind your back, can provide an optimal load on the muscles of the buttocks and ensure the ideal shape of the buttocks. that part of the body.
A good workout for the muscles of the legs and at the same time for the cardiovascular system, since moving forward while performing lunges is a serious load.
Lunges can be done both forward and sideways. If there is not enough room to move, you can use a treadmill. This will further set the movement speed and will not allow you to slow down when the load starts to affect.
The technique of performing front lunges involves:
- Take a big step forward from a standing position. The movement is carried out by inhaling.
- The step should be so wide that when lowering the torso, the leg standing behind can almost touch the floor with the knee. In this case, the front leg should be perpendicular to the ground.
- While driving, we keep the body perfectly straight.
- To take the next step, when you breathe out, we rise to the original position and repeat the movement.
When the usual lunges no longer seem difficult, you can take dumbbells, a bar with a bar, then a bar with pancakes. Using free weights will allow you to achieve the ideal shape of your legs in a short time.
A standard and very popular ab workout.
- We lie on our backs, join our hands in a strand at the back of the head, bend the knees, shoulder width apart and put our feet on the floor.
- When exhaling, the head, neck and shoulders are torn off the mat under the muscular effort of the press.
- We perform abdominal muscle contractions so that the upper body rises towards the legs and does not sink completely to the floor.
- On inspiration, we return to the starting position.
The lifting height of the body can vary widely. A large range of motion contributes to a thorough study of the middle part of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall. Small and frequent elevators put pressure on the lower third of the rectus abdominis muscle.
The number of repetitions is determined by the range of motion. You can start with 30 repetitions, divided into 3 sets, and then increase the number of repetitions.
A great exercise that engages most of your abdominal muscles at once.
How is the classic version of the "bike" made:
- The starting position is lying on the floor, the hands are joined at the back of the head, the legs are bent at the knee and hip joints so that the feet do not touch the floor.
- Lift your shoulders and the top third of your back off the floor.
- We start to alternately stretch our elbows towards the opposite knee, while moving our legs as if we were pedaling.
- While one leg is stretched with the knee to the elbow, the other should be stretched and kept some distance from the floor.
We start with 10 repetitions in 3 sets.
We form an ideal back shape, eliminate the "rolls" of fat in the lumbar region.
Hyperextension is performed as follows:
- We lie on the floor face down, stretch our arms out in front of us, or remove our palms behind our heads.
- On the exhale, simultaneously pull the arms, upper body and legs off the floor.
- We keep this position for 3-5 seconds.
- Without releasing muscle tension, we return to the starting position.
We start with 10 repetitions.
If we are talking about hyperextension, fluidity of movement is important. Do not force the lower back unnecessarily: they gently rise above the ground, gently descend.
Exercise for the development of the muscles of the shoulder girdle and the upper third of the back.
The pumps are performed as follows:
- Starting position: arms slightly wider than the shoulders; the back, buttocks and hips are aligned, the legs rest on the knees on the floor.
- As we breathe in, we lower the body almost until the chest contacts the ground.
- As we breathe out, we push ourselves upward, extending our arms.
We start with 10 reps and 3 sets. Then the number of repetitions can be varied depending on endurance and training goals.
Quick charge with hoop
It is unlikely that hoop lessons can be considered an independent type of training, rather they are of an auxiliary nature. Although you should not underestimate the possibilities of the hoop for shaping a slim waist. Intensive massage of problem areas can work wonders, provided the other conditions for effective weight loss are met.
It is not worth starting the training with a very heavy hoop, because it will simply fall without having time to really relax. To begin with, a hoop weighing 800-1200 g will suffice.
Watch out for the massage "bumps" inside the hoop. For beginners, models with soft rubber massage projections are suitable. And even for the use of such models, at first you may need a special wide belt, which somewhat softens the effect of "buttons" on the skin of the abdomen and reduces discomfort.
We start to spin the hoop at a time that is convenient for you and gradually bring the training time to 15-20 minutes.
Jump rope is a great cardio workout that puts a load on all of the important muscle groups. The legs, back, abdomen, arms, and shoulder girdle are involved.
It is better for beginners to take a regular rope and not run after "professional" weighted models. It is best to start training from 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the state of health and the rate of movement. In the future, the duration of the lesson can be increased to 15-20 minutes, and then gradually begin to increase the speed of movements.
If you set a goal for yourself, then a 15 minute workout with a rope can be diversified by performing exercises to develop balance and coordination of movements.
The hoop and jump rope exercises can be used as a warm-up or for simple workouts on rest days after completing the basic exercise sets (morning and evening).
As you can see, staying in shape with the right level of motivation won't be overwhelming. We select a diet, choose a suitable training program and after several weeks of regular work on ourselves, we observe in the mirror dramatic changes in figure, well-being and mood. Here, as they say, the road will be mastered by the walker.